CMI’s Custodial Certification Program for Workforce Development & Re-Entry, is ideal for Correctional Facilities, Homeless Agencies, Workforce Development Agencies, Veteran’s Programs, Vocational Technical Institutes, and many more. This curriculum is designed to be broken up over the course of a few weeks or months.
How it works
- Each individual section of the curriculum will cover the equipment, materials, and supplies that can be utilized for the most efficient methods of cleaning
- CMI will support the success of your program through the duration of curriculum instruction
- Whether you currently have a program in place or are looking to begin utilizing a training platform, CMI can help you through the process of certifying your inmate population.
- All of the content that is delivered by CMI is written at a 4th- to 5th-grade reading level, which allows a more diverse group to understand the program.
Curriculum to be covered
- Chemistry of Cleaning
- Basic & Advanced Above Floor Care
- Basic & Advanced Hard Floor Care
- Basic & Advanced Carpet Care
- Restroom Care
- Current standards and best practices for restroom care and shower room care, disinfection, bloodborn pathogens and OSHA Clean-up protocols
Tips for Training
To support individuals going through the program we encourage the following during CMI training:
- Define the expectations for the program from the beginning.
- Provide constant praise and recognition for good performance.
- Explain the Value of Clean on the first day.
- Keep lecture based training to a minimum, while providing as much hands on experience as possible.
- “Lean” on individuals who show leadership qualities to provide knowledge to their peers.