The CMI Distributor Services Partner Program provides distributors the opportunity to create additional value for their customers through a training, certification & consulting partnership with ISSA’s Cleaning Management Institute. While providing a new service to your customer, you will begin to earn a share in the new value created!
Is your goal to:
- Increase your customer lifetime value
- Drive NEW customers into your portfolio
- Become an advocate for your customer’s success while becoming active member/partner of their team
- Create a stronger value and brand proposition in your market
Your partnership with ISSA will:
- Increase product and equipment sales during consulting projects
- Bring in an additional revenue stream through training & consulting services
- Become a highly sought-after asset for your current & potential customers by leading with service and not product.
- Provide tools and resources to strengthen relationship with your customers
- Opportunity to private brand your own training & consulting program
- Investment Cost:
- Members: Included
- Non-members: $1,000 (includes a one-year membership experience)
- You must maintain an ISSA membership in good standing.
- You must actively promote, communicate, and educate your customers regarding CMI training, certification & consulting, ISSA Membership, and CIMS.
Distributor Service Program re-seller products include:
Certification & Training
- Host a pre-scheduled CMI certification workshops: National Training Event or private workshops like:
- Certified Professional Trainer
- Certified Workloading Specialist
- Certified Custodial Supervisor
- Certified Custodial Trainer
- Accredited Auditing Professional
- Online Training: Offer On demand certification courses, and training. Leverage the online platform to host custom content for your customers:
- CMI Certified Custodial Supervisor
- CMI Custodial Technician
- CIMS Expert
- GBAC Fundamentals
- Onsite: Host a private training event at your customer’s facility.
- Initial Assessment: Establish baseline with a focus on processes, appearance, and logistics
- Workloading and Supply Kitting: Create strategic plan customized to buildings and the specific needs with focus on level of service
- Development: Train cleaning professionals by filling gap on training they have not received specific to workloaded tools and equipment
- Quality Assessment: Contract ongoing quality assessments based on the customer’s scope of work and quality plan
Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS)
- Guide your customers to become one of less than 500 organizations globally to achieve CIMS designation
- Leverage the CIMS standard as a tool to help those customers achieving LEED
ISSA Membership: Available to Your Customers
- Building Service Contractor Basic Membership
- In-House Service Provider Basic Membership